Click on event for additional details or us the Calendar Summary
Annual Open House at Camp Wilderness
- Friday of every year during Reunion Week (which ever week the 4th of July lands)
- Open invitation to families of the camp staff to see camp
Reunion Week at Camp Wilderness
- 4th of July (which ever week the 4th of July lands)
- Chance to enjoy the weekend (Or the full week!) of summer camp
- Must have completed Physical Form if staying overnight & current BSA Membership
- Must follow all camp rules
- Fellowship, Winterizing Camp, Small Projects, and Camp Master Training
Christmas Party (Staff and Association)
- Fellowship and fun at Zorbaz and Camp Wilderness
Welcoming Staff / Staff Week (previously called Spring Gathering)
- Welcome Staff to Camp and Fellowship
Local Socials — Fellowship and Food
- Fargo Social — First Tuesday of each month at a local restaurant from 7-9 pm (check our Facebook page for this month’s location)
- Grand Forks — Check Facebook for the next event
- Duluth — Check Facebook for the next event
Camp Reunions — Celebrating the Camp’s Anniversary for Metigoshe, Wabaunaquat, Heart Butte, Big 4, and Camp Wilderness.
Announcing Newly Elected Association Officer and Board Member
Congratulations to Wayne Stephens for being elected as Executive Secretary. Andrew Fugleberg as President and Lane Schirado as past President. Dave Pederson was re-elected to the Board of Directors.
AREA WIDE RIPLEY RENDEZVOUS
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: JUNE 1-4 AT CAMP RIPLEY
PLEASE CONCTACT THE CENTRAL MN COUNCIL OFFICE FOR MORE INFO ON THIS EVENT!
The Central Minnesota Council will host the 2023 Area Wide Ripley Rendezvous June 1-4 at Camp Ripley. This event is one of the largest Scouting events in the upper midwest and includes Scouts from councils across our region and Canada. Camp Ripley is a 53,000-acre military and civilian training facility operated by the Minnesota National Guard near the city of Little Falls which makes its extensive facilities available for this unique Scouting event.
WEEKEND PROGRAM OPTIONS
There are two standard weekend program options:
- Extreme Program: Limit of 1,000 youth and adults (youth: age 14+ or Venturer)
- Rappelling, ropes course, obstacle course, capture the flag, EMS scenario at military cement city, Leader Reaction Course, & much more.
- Adventurer Program: Limit of 3,000 youth and adults (youth: ages 10+)
- Shooting sports focus: 22 rifles, shot gun, archery, and much more
*Action Center: All Scouts and Scouters will get the opportunity to interact with the Action Center that features military vehicle interactive displays to include several vehicles and activities, State Highway Patrol, Camp Ripley Fire Department, and other EMS organizations with interactive activities programs. The MN Department of Natural Resources, American Red Cross (new hands only CPR certification training), patch trading area, several wildlife organizations, and much more.
TREK PROGRAM OPTIONS
Friday TREK Option: Extend the weekend adventure by arriving on Thursday evening. This option is limited to approximately 300 of our Scouts and Scouters. This extended program is limited due to the program options offered and busing space. The three TREK options are an additional $75 fee.
- Option 1-Zip Line and Biking Trek (age and weight restrictions standards are enforced). Parental waiver required.
- Option 2-Canoe the Crow Wing River and Hike the Crow Wing State Forest Trek (swim test validation required) prior to arrival.
- Option 3-Shore fishing and DNR conservation project.
- Option 4-Arrive Thursday evening and not sign up for any programs- $25 plus weekend fee.
This event will utilize Jamboree-style camping. Your unit will be responsible for camping gear, tents, food, and food preparation equipment. Unit trailers can be parked at your designated camp site, with all vehicles will be parked in a designated area. Be sure to eat prior to arrival on Friday.
Saturday lunch will be provided.*
*Important lunch meal message: due to the number of participants and the distribution process, we will not be able to accommodate any special diets. The Friday & Saturday lunch (cold lunch) will include gluten and dairy products, along with fruit, etc. Please plan for your special needs accordingly.
EAGLE SCOUT RECOGNITION
A special recognition dinner for Eagle Scouts (ages 14-21) that are attending the Area Wide Ripley Rendezvous will be offered on Saturday evening. Please sign up your unit’s Eagle Scouts for this event during the online registration process. The event includes a meal, special recognition presented by Camp Ripley, and a presentation focused on how Eagle Scouts can continue their service to our nation.
- Early Bird January 15 to March 28 – Rate $60 (payment must be made in full by Early Bird deadline to receive discount)
- Regular Registration March 1 – April 30 – Rate $75 (payment must be made in full before April 30th or you will be charged late fee)
- Late Registration May 1- 16 – Rate $90
Registration deadline May 16th
*Adding the Thursday evening arrival for the Friday TREK program fee is an additional $75
*Adding the Thursday evening arrival, not registering for the Friday TREK program- fee is an additional $25
Leader Guides will be available on May 1st and will be sent to unit leaders contact e-mail addresses.
Note: Registration changes will remain open until May 8.
No refunds will be offered, but fees are transferrable to another participant of this event.
The 2023 Program Planning Calendar for unit leaders has been released! Each unit Committee Chair and Cubmaster/Scoutmaster can expect a calendar in the mail to arrive in late December 2022. There will also be a limited supply of extra copies at the service centers in Fargo and Bismarck in early January. Volunteers can also view/print this calendar by clicking on the image below!
Order Form – Decals, Weights, Wheels, Lube, etc…
Order Form – tools and supplies
Pack Checklist for what is needed to host PWD
Site Contains -
Build your Car
About the Race
Rules for the Derby
Tips and Tricks
Fun & Games
- Decals & Stickers
- Flat Weights
- Tungsten Weights
- Colored Wheels
- Practice Track
- Wedge Kits
- Replacement Kits
- Much more…
Additional Activities that an individual or group can do at Camp Wilderness that are Above and Beyond the Camp Program.
Share Activities that you have done
Help share your activities that can be done while at Camp. These activities should be above and beyond the current camp program offered at Camp Wilderness. For examples visit https://nlcbsa.org/history/
Include your Unit’s History and Stories in the Camp Wilderness History Project
Provide as much information as you would like. Can be simple or elaborate. Include pictures and documents.
Once we start your page on the History Project we will send you a link that will give you access to change and add more content in the future.
Starting page for the Unit Histories & Stories.