Scouts BSA Summer Camp at Camp Wilderness
Camp Wilderness is the premier Boy Scout camping facility of the Northern Lights Council. The 2,400 acre “Outdoor Classroom” is situated between beautiful Bad Axe and Mantrap Lake near Park Rapids, MN in Hubbard County and hosts numerous year-round programs for the Boy Scouts of America.
Camp Wilderness is host to miles of trails, multiple shooting ranges, a climbing tower, COPE (Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience) elements, canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, sailboats, fishing, cross country skiing, snowshoes, and so much more!
Session 1: June 19-25, 2022
Session 2: June 26 – July 2, 2022
Session 3: July 3-9, 2022
Session 4: July 10-16, 2022
Session 5: July 17-23, 2022
Session 6: July 24-30, 2022
Scout Early Bird: $330
Scout Regular Fee: $350
Forms and Additional Information
Camperships (financial assistance)
High Adventure at Camp Wilderness
During Sessions 4 and 5 Scouts who are 14 years old or have completed 8th grade can earn their PADI certification. Scouts spend the last three hours of the day learning all about scuba diving, the equipment, safety, and going out into the lake to practice. Scuba is open to Scouts and Adults with Scouts getting the preference.
Camp Wilderness has partnered with Northern Tier to provide an extraordinary Boundary Water Adventure! Scouts will arrive at camp on Sunday, check in, and then make their way up to the Northern Tier base. From there the week will consist of canoeing, camping, fishing, portaging, and having the adventure of a lifetime. There must be a certain number of Scouts within the group in order for them to go out. Scouts must be 14 years old to go on this trek.
Each Crew must have:
- A minimum of two adults (at least 21 years of age and registered with the BSA). There are no gender restrictions for leadership except for co-ed Venturing crews, which must have both male and female leadership 21 years old or older.
- 1 adult leader trained in the following(visit my.scouting.org to complete):
- Wilderness First Aid(16 hour course)
- Weather Hazards
- Safe Swim Defense
- Safety Afloat
- All adult leaders must be trained in Youth Protection
- Must be 14 years of age or be 13 years of age and have completed 8th Grade upon arrival at Northern Tier.
- Must fall below the maximum (295 pounds) allowed weight for participation and it is strongly recommended that no participant weigh less than 100 pounds. See Appendix D.
- Must have a current (within 12 months) and complete BSA Health and Medical Record. The form may be found at ntier.org/Resources/MedForm
- Must be classified as a BSA swimmer. See appendix E.
- Must be a registered member of Scouts BSA or Venture Scouts.
COPE—Challenging Outdoor Personal Experiences—is a Scouting program that includes group initiative games, trust events, and challenges that reach from the ground to the sky. This activities will let you climb, swing, balance, jump, rappel, problem-solve, and become stronger both as individuals and as a team. Are you ready? Then zip on!
Each participant must be at least 13 years old.