CAMP WILDERNESS SCOUT CAMP
Camp Wilderness is the premier camping and high adventure facility of the Northern Lights Council. Our 2,400-acre outdoor classroom is situated between beautiful Bad Axe and Mantrap Lakes in the heart of the Paul Bunyan State Forest in north central Minnesota. We host numerous year-round programs for Scouting programs and non-Scout groups alike.
Camp Wilderness Scout Camp is host to miles of trails, multiple remote outpost sites, shooting ranges, a 40-foot climbing tower, a high ropes course & zipline, canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, sailboats, and fishing!
2023 Summer Camp Season
Session 3: July 2-8
Session 4: July 9-15
Session 5: July 16-22
Scouts BSA Regular Fee: $350
Scouts BSA Early Bird Fee: $330
- April 4: Northern Tier reservations are due – units can register their Scouts HERE using Attendee Type “Camp Wilderness” for special pricing
- April 4: SCUBA registrations due – Scouts should pick this as a merit badge class when registering and the cost will be added to the total
- April 4: Camperships are due to the Fargo Scout Office
- April 4: Online merit badge class registration opens at 8:00 AM ($100 non-refundable deposit per Scout is required, but it can be transferred to a new Scout registration). This is applied to the Scout’s fee. Depending on the week you attend, the registration opening will be staggered:
- Week 1: 8:00 AM
- Week 2: 9:00 AM
- Week 3: 10:00 AM
- Week 4: 11:00 AM
- Week 5: 12:00 PM
- April 18: Early Bird Payment is due in full for each Scout and adult
- May 15: Online T-Shirt Store Closes (link soon to come)
- May 16: Deadline to sign up for a campsite for 2023
During Sessions 4 and 5 Scouts who are 14 years old or have completed 8th grade can earn their PADI certification. Scouts spend the last three hours of the day learning all about SCUBA diving, the equipment, safety, and going out into the lake to practice. SCUBA is open to Scouts and Adults with Scouts getting the preference.
Additional fee of $470 per person plus summer camp fees.
Camp Wilderness has partnered with Northern Tier to provide an extraordinary Boundary Water Adventure! Scouts will arrive at camp on Sunday, check in, and then make their way up to the Northern Tier base. From there the week will consist of canoeing, camping, fishing, portaging, and having the adventure of a lifetime. Scouts must be 14 years old to join.
Fee for Northern Tier Adventure is $560 per person (no summer camp fee).
COPE — Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience — is a Scouting program that includes group initiative games, trust events, and challenges that reach from the ground to the sky. This activity will let you climb, swing, balance, jump, rappel, problem-solve, and become stronger both as individuals and as a team. Are you ready? Then zip on!
NEW FOR 2023: ATV PROGRAM!
Each week 40 Scouts will have the opportunity to take our ATV program. Scouts will master the basics, learn advanced maneuvers, then explore the Paul Bunyan State Forest! Each Scout will get their ATV Safety Rider Course Certification through the ATV Safety Institute. As they drive throughout the session, they will understand what it takes to control the vehicle in many different hands-on lessons, all leading up to 4-hour trail ride.
Cost: $35 per Scout. Scouts must be at least 14 years old to participate.
NEW FOR 2023: NATURAL ROCK CLIMB!
We have partnered with the University of Minnesota Duluth to offer this new excursion! Each week, 13 Scouts will have the opportunity to head up to Duluth from camp on Tuesday night. Scouts will camp at a nearby site and go natural rock climbing for 6 hours on Wednesday. Scouts will return to camp on Wednesday night at 6:00 PM. The price includes transportation, meals, and climbs.
Cost: $50 per Scout. Scouts must be at least 13 years old to participate and be in the Climbing MB class or have the Climbing MB.
Scouts BSA Summer Camp and High Adventure Opportunities