AREA WIDE RIPLEY RENDEZVOUS
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: JUNE 1-4 AT CAMP RIPLEY
PLEASE CONCTACT THE CENTRAL MN COUNCIL OFFICE FOR MORE INFO ON THIS EVENT!
The Central Minnesota Council will host the 2023 Area Wide Ripley Rendezvous June 1-4 at Camp Ripley. This event is one of the largest Scouting events in the upper midwest and includes Scouts from councils across our region and Canada. Camp Ripley is a 53,000-acre military and civilian training facility operated by the Minnesota National Guard near the city of Little Falls which makes its extensive facilities available for this unique Scouting event.
WEEKEND PROGRAM OPTIONS
There are two standard weekend program options:
- Extreme Program: Limit of 1,000 youth and adults (youth: age 14+ or Venturer)
- Rappelling, ropes course, obstacle course, capture the flag, EMS scenario at military cement city, Leader Reaction Course, & much more.
- Adventurer Program: Limit of 3,000 youth and adults (youth: ages 10+)
- Shooting sports focus: 22 rifles, shot gun, archery, and much more
*Action Center: All Scouts and Scouters will get the opportunity to interact with the Action Center that features military vehicle interactive displays to include several vehicles and activities, State Highway Patrol, Camp Ripley Fire Department, and other EMS organizations with interactive activities programs. The MN Department of Natural Resources, American Red Cross (new hands only CPR certification training), patch trading area, several wildlife organizations, and much more.
TREK PROGRAM OPTIONS
Friday TREK Option: Extend the weekend adventure by arriving on Thursday evening. This option is limited to approximately 300 of our Scouts and Scouters. This extended program is limited due to the program options offered and busing space. The three TREK options are an additional $75 fee.
- Option 1-Zip Line and Biking Trek (age and weight restrictions standards are enforced). Parental waiver required.
- Option 2-Canoe the Crow Wing River and Hike the Crow Wing State Forest Trek (swim test validation required) prior to arrival.
- Option 3-Shore fishing and DNR conservation project.
- Option 4-Arrive Thursday evening and not sign up for any programs- $25 plus weekend fee.
This event will utilize Jamboree-style camping. Your unit will be responsible for camping gear, tents, food, and food preparation equipment. Unit trailers can be parked at your designated camp site, with all vehicles will be parked in a designated area. Be sure to eat prior to arrival on Friday.
Saturday lunch will be provided.*
*Important lunch meal message: due to the number of participants and the distribution process, we will not be able to accommodate any special diets. The Friday & Saturday lunch (cold lunch) will include gluten and dairy products, along with fruit, etc. Please plan for your special needs accordingly.
EAGLE SCOUT RECOGNITION
A special recognition dinner for Eagle Scouts (ages 14-21) that are attending the Area Wide Ripley Rendezvous will be offered on Saturday evening. Please sign up your unit’s Eagle Scouts for this event during the online registration process. The event includes a meal, special recognition presented by Camp Ripley, and a presentation focused on how Eagle Scouts can continue their service to our nation.
- Early Bird January 15 to March 28 – Rate $60 (payment must be made in full by Early Bird deadline to receive discount)
- Regular Registration March 1 – April 30 – Rate $75 (payment must be made in full before April 30th or you will be charged late fee)
- Late Registration May 1- 16 – Rate $90
Registration deadline May 16th
*Adding the Thursday evening arrival for the Friday TREK program fee is an additional $75
*Adding the Thursday evening arrival, not registering for the Friday TREK program- fee is an additional $25
Leader Guides will be available on May 1st and will be sent to unit leaders contact e-mail addresses.
Note: Registration changes will remain open until May 8.
No refunds will be offered, but fees are transferrable to another participant of this event.