There are many resources available to help you grow your existing Scout Unit or to start a new one! Each program has its own tools available tailored for that age youth and family life stage.
Most youth join Scouting as Cub Scouts. We also have the largest lists of resources available to support this for a complete list checkout our dedicated Cub Scout Recruitment page.
Scouts that join during the year will pay a pro-rated membership. To determine the correct membership fee, use one of the charts below.
Pro-rated membership fee chart (effective August 1, 2021)
Annual Charter Renewal
Each year, Scouting units (Packs, Troops, and Crews) are required to renew their charters with the Northern Lights Council and Boy Scouts of America. The charter is the official agreement between the council and your local chartered organization to provide a program under the auspices of the BSA. The process of renewing a unit’s charter reinforces this agreement year-to-year and provides an opportunity to update registration records and qualify for Journey to Excellence recognition.
Thank you for completing your unit’s charter renewal on time and error free!
New For This Fall
The current Internet Recharter system is being phased out. All units with a charter expire date of December 31, 2021 and beyond will be submitted through a new system located in Internet Advancement 2.0
- Additional communications and training materials for units will be sent out on September 1, 2021 from the National Council.
- The new Internet Recharter will be activated on October 15, 2021 for all units with a charter expire date of December 31, 2021 and later.
As our council receives more information about this change, we will post it here.
Charter Renewal Resources
- To be used if less than 5 youth will be registered (must be approved by the Scout Executive)
Registration Assistance form
- For individuals needing assistance (not to be used for Scout Reach units)
FOS Presentation Scheduling form
Free Rank Insignia Program for Units
- For use by Commissioners and Field Staff
- For Field Staff use only