Quality Scouting Begins with Program Planning
Unit program planning is an annual process where a unit invites Scouts and families to have input in the program and activities of the unit. It is also the process of selecting great activities, developing an annual unit calendar and an annual unit budget.
Benefits to a strong unit program plan include:
- Well run, high quality activities for youth.
- Stronger parental involvement
- More youth participating in outdoor programs, including summer camp
- More funding with less fundraising, reducing out of pocket expenses for parents
- More Fun for everyone!
Recording of program planning webinar from April 2020 – watch online
Recording of how to use Budget worksheets – watch on youtube.com
Resources For all Scouting Units
Cub Scout Planning Resources
- Simple Pack Budget Planning form (excel)
- Detailed Pack Budget Planning form (excel)
- Family Talent Survey
- Guide to Selecting CS Leaders
- Unit Money-Earning Application
- Activity Consent Forms
- Scouting.org Cub Complete Resources
- Den Meeting Planner